Linked Files Issue

Nov 10, 2009 at 7:21 PM

When you add linked files under some folder(like the GAC) in visual studio the wsp builder project they will be ignored and will not be packaged with the generated wsp.

Note that i am talking about linked files and not actual files. I need to use linked files because my webparts are created in a different project than the one used to generate the wsp and i don't need to keep copying them when they are updated.

Hope there is a solution for this problem.

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Its not possible to use Linked file in Visual Studio for WSPBuilder. The reason for this is that WSPBuilder do not read the Visual Studio .csproj file, but only the folder struture and the files within them. Therefore WSPBuilder will not build the files that are linked files, you have to copy the files in order to get them build.

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:32 PM

It would be greatly beneficial to have an option to use the CSPROJ file.  Maybe /UseCSPROJ or something.  It already contains a location of the DLL references, as well as the list of files that need to be deployed.  It would allow you to also choose which files get deployed, just by including them in the project.