Questions for understanding

Aug 12, 2009 at 7:17 AM

Can somebody tell me why I have to include the cablib.dll in the wsp-file? For what purpose is it needed?

Further: Can I install the same wsp-Package on x86 and on x64 machines? Or isn´t it possible to operate a mixed environment?

Thanks for any answers

Aug 12, 2009 at 2:42 PM

I just noticed earlier today that it is adding the cablib.dll to my wsp too.  The output window shows that it is going into the deployment folder. There it sees the dll and decides to add it. My workaround was to delete the deployment folder prior to rebuilding my wsp solution file.  Below is the output:

WSPBuilder

Version: 0.9.9.0728

Created by Carsten Keutmann

GPL License 2007

Building the solution - please wait

TemplateFile added: Images\adobe.gif

TemplateFile added: Images\icdgn.gif

TemplateFile added: Images\icdwg.gif

TemplateFile added: Images\icppsx.jpg

TemplateFile added: XML\DOCICON.XML

Adding assembly: cablib.dll

Not able to load and reflect on assembly: D:\Workspaces\HDR.SharePoint.FileTypes\HDR.SharePoint.FileTypes\HDR.FileTypes\HDR.FileTypes\bin\deploy\HDR.FileTypes\cablib.dll. However the assembly will still be included in the WSP package!

Saving the Manifest.xml file

Creating the WSP file

Cleanup

Deleting : Manifest.xml

Done!

Aug 25, 2009 at 7:05 PM

When I click on the "Build WSP" I am getting a Cablib error. Any ideas on what I need to do eliminate the error? Here it is...

Could not load file or assembly 'CabLib, Version=10.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5c838b77b53f84a0' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:48 AM

Hi,

I was also facing the the same problem, so i just checked the project folder for the .cab file and deleted it.

Next when i rebuilt my application through WSPBuild it worked!!!!!!!!!!!

Try it...........it may help you too......... :)

With regards

Biju

Dec 24, 2009 at 5:24 PM

replace the cablib.dll that you have with the cablib.dll from the C:\Program Files\WSPTools\WSPBuilderExtensions. This might help

Jan 6, 2010 at 3:01 PM

I had the same problem and found a solution:

Go to C:\Program Files\WSPTools\WSPBuilderExtensions\Resources\x86, and drag-and-drop the file CabLib.dll to c:\windows\assembly. 

This of course only works on a 32-bit environment. Rebuild the WSP solution, and the cablib-error is gone. 

Anders

Jan 30, 2010 at 4:13 AM

I noticed that i you have created a "deployment folder" it will have a cab.dll in that folder in the bin. WSPBuilder then picks up this dll and adds it. You just need to delete that deployment folder. Would be nice if the deployment folder was ignored or created outside of the bin directory?