Attach to IIS Worker Process fails

May 8, 2009 at 4:44 PM

The WSPBuilder 'Attach to IIS Worker Process' option fails on my platform with the following error:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
at EnvDTE80.Process2.Attach()
at WSPTools.VisualStudio.VSAddIn.Library.Commands.AttachToWorkerProcess.Execute()
at ............................. etc.

Attaching to process manually through the debug menu works, though I get a similar exception if I debug 'Workflow' instead of 'Managed'.

I am using Visual Studio 2008 with SP1 on 64-bit 2003 Server.

Does anyone know how to solve this to speed up my debugging?

This is my first time writing code against SharePoint on x64.  There seem to be quite a lot of problems with 64-bit, development tools and SharePoint!  Even the OOTB VS 2008 SharePoint Workflow project templates do not work :(

Jan 19, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Somebody has a solution for this? I have exactly the same problem on the same machine. If I reset the IIS before attach to process the exception not occurs but breakpoints in workflow designer are not hit. Access denied exception occurs when I run workflow before attach to process :(

Jan 26, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Yep - for me it was a conflict with the indexing service... turn it off in services and should work.

Jun 4, 2010 at 8:54 PM

I just recycled my app pools and Timer Service and the error disappeared. does anybody have a clue about the cause of this error.