More than one project (workflows) in one WSP file?

Dec 29, 2008 at 2:21 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but I cannot get the Visual Studio add-in to create a WSP-file if the solution contains 2 or more SharePoint workflows.

I can run the WSPbuilder tool on the individual projects in the solution explorer but I cannot do it on the entire solution.

I really want to package my worfklows into one feature, so please help!
Jan 30, 2009 at 10:59 PM
It is possible to build a Visual Studio solution into one WSP package, but it can only be done from the console.
Open you console and navigate to the solution folder. (All your projects must be a subfolder to the solution folder)
Call wspbuilder with the parameter -BuildSolution True
Now WSPBuilder will build one WSP package by looking into every subfolder. (However only one level down).
Apr 6, 2011 at 8:42 AM

I know this is an old thread, but is there any way to specify .net projects desired to package to a single *.wsp.
We want to package two different .net projects into a single *.wsp file. The projects share the same VS solution but are separately located on disk.

Apr 6, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Please disregard my respond if this doesn't mean any help.

What you can do is try to create a new solution with single project, then put all the features in the same project from the other solution, or you can create a blank feature & copy all your *.wsp into your blank feature, this way WSPBuilder should be able to package your project as a single *.wsp solution.

Please take a look at this link, in this link it show you how to package an InfoPath solution, but you can follow the way to package your request.

Hope this helps.

Apr 7, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Thanks for your reply. I am actually trying to avoid making a new Solution. I probably need to think of an alternative way to achieve what I want.
It is just a matter of packaging my wsp file. I might need to do it manually and not use WSP builder for it.