Problem with the 80/wpresource folder

Dec 2, 2008 at 4:38 PM

first of all I have to say thank you for this great tool, it saves me so much time. ;)

Ok but now I come to my problems.  I'm trying to deploy some resource files to the application's wpresource folder which I need for a webpart.
So I created a  "80/wpresource/Webpart/ folder" in my VS project, copied my files into it and ran WSPBuilder.

But when I deployed the solution to my MOSS server and activated it the resources were not deployed to the "wpresource" but to the "resource" folder. Is this a normal behavoir shouldn't they be deployed to "wpresource" folder?  Is there any way to define the target folder?

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:42 AM
I, too, am having this problem. It is my understanding from the previous threads that it should be deploying to wpresource.
Dec 16, 2008 at 1:33 AM
I found the issue. You will need to add your dll name as a subdirectory of the 80/wpresources directory. According to the code, it will then treat is as a Class Resource rather than an Application Resource. I have confirmed this with my own project and it deploys correctly, now.
Dec 16, 2008 at 9:40 AM
Hi tbaer311,

thanks for your help.