Change manifest.xml file

Jul 14, 2008 at 4:49 PM

Hi Guys,

How can I replace manifest.xml file present in .wsp package with my own manifest.xml and repackage it as .wsp package again.

Please help me with this as I am having trouble changing the Deployment Target from GlobalAssemblyCache to WebApplication

Assembly Location="MoveSharepointDocuments.dll" DeploymentTarget="GlobalAssemblyCache">

SafeControl Assembly="MoveSharepointDocuments, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b8423600fabf6505" Namespace="MoveDocumentsFeature" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />

Thanks in advance

Jul 21, 2008 at 8:00 AM

If you put your DLL in the 80\bin folder, then the deployment target will be WebApplication :o)

Oct 17, 2008 at 9:29 AM
Can you please add more detail to this...
I'm not sure where the '80' folder must be.

Is it the SharePoint 80 folder on my dev server?
Should I create a '80' folder in my project and copy the dll's into that (like the '12' folder in my project where I copy my ascx files)?
Or is it something else.

May 20, 2009 at 9:02 AM

This doesn't work for me.

I put my class file into the 80/bin folder and it always gets set to deploy to the GAC.

I cannot figure out how to change this.

Jun 9, 2009 at 8:20 AM

this article here explains how to scope your dll to the bin folder

Jun 9, 2009 at 9:00 AM

I was misunderstanding the deployment model (ahem, I was being dumb!).  I was thinking WSP Builder was being smart and letting me mix bin and gac assemblies in the same VS project and that class files (.cs) in the 80/bin folder were being deployed to there and any class files (.cs) in the gac folder would be deployed there.

When I turned my brain on, I realised that all the code in the VS Project compiles into a single assembly and the build target puts the .dll into the 80/bin or gac folder and my classes live nicely organised away in my project.

Awesome link though.  I saw this a few days ago and it is o very useful.