Including a List Template (stp) in a wsp

Jun 3, 2008 at 9:16 PM
Hi,
  I started out by creating a Task List in WSS 3.0;  I then added custom columns and a custom view to this task list.  I then exported this to a list template  which creates an STP file which can be downloaded.  I would like to know the procedure to include this in a WSP so that when the WSP is deployed it uses this list template to create the list I need from the STP during the deployment.
Any pointers will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Jun 9, 2008 at 8:04 PM
I believe (haven't had to do this personally) that you'll have to deploy the .stp file into the site collection's list template library, as a file that is deployed on Feature activation. Thus for WSPBuilder you just add this .STP file somewhere underneath your Feature's subfolder.

Unfortunately that only gets you halfway. This is more of a "how do I structure my feature.xml manifest" question--and for that, I'd recommend you google up on how to deploy list templates via features. if you can't find anything, try tutorials for deploying master pages via features, which should be similar enough to go on.