manifest.xml

Aug 2, 2011 at 5:52 PM

I installed the beta about 2 or 3 weeks ago... first of all is there a way to check the version you're running?

Next, I noticed that when you add a wsp webpart to a wsp solution, the feature receiver deactivating method begins with THIS.deactivating(properties) instead of base.deactivating(properties), which generates a stack overflow if you actually deactivate the feature.  Also, calling base.deactivating in those methods causes errors due to the base being abstract.

That's manageable though.  What I'm having a problem with is a webpart I created using the webpart item template.  I can build, package, and deploy just fine, but when I go to actually add it, I get a vague error on the page, but in the logs I'm getting the message: "Cannot get ghost document: Features\NewsRotator\NewsRotator\NewsRotator.webpart"  the actual path is Features\NewsRotator\NewsRotator.webpart.  I checked the .wsp and the only place I can see this coming from is the manifest.xml with the entry <FeatureManifest Location="NewsRotator\feature.xml"/>  I'm not sure, but I'm imagining that if I take the NewsRotator\ out of there, the path will fix itself.  However, I'm wondering if WSPbuilder has another way I should be using.

~David