deploy resource DLLs to GAC

Mar 5, 2008 at 3:27 PM
Hello,

the WSPBuilder does not seem to deploy resource DLLs to the GAC. Currently, I have to deploy the resource DLLs manually.

The folder structure is as following:

• /GAC/foo.dll
  • /GAC/de/foo.resources.dll
  • /GAC/fr/foo.resources.dll

Is this correct? Then I would like to provide a patch for that.

Regards
Felix Kollmann

Mar 11, 2008 at 12:53 AM
Hi Felix, have you figured this out yet. I'm also in the same boat.
Mar 13, 2008 at 4:06 PM
I'm also having an issue with this.

Does anyone know of a way to get dll's that must be registered with the solution/feature into the manifest/wsp?
Mar 14, 2008 at 11:57 PM
it appears that this is already fixed in the latest version that i'm using. (i believe starting, in the least, with the versions that have the VS addin for creating/deploying)

FeL0niOuSmOnK wrote:
I'm also having an issue with this.

Does anyone know of a way to get dll's that must be registered with the solution/feature into the manifest/wsp?

Mar 18, 2008 at 3:12 PM
Edited Apr 1, 2008 at 1:49 PM
Fel0ni,

I cannot confirm this. I use the latest version and the resources.dlls are not part of the wsp file.

UPDATE: This issue addresses this problem: http://www.codeplex.com/wspbuilder/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=8617 . However, it still does not work for me.

Regards Felix Kollmann
Apr 3, 2008 at 11:59 AM
I submitted a patch for this.

http://www.codeplex.com/wspbuilder/SourceControl/PatchList.aspx
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2008 at 12:09 PM
I have tested this issue, but are not able to reproduce it. Everything works like it should.
Please confirm if you still have the Resources.dll problem in the new version 0.9.8.0408 !?

If the problem still exist, then please dump your folder structure and the manifest.xml file.

NOTE! Be aware that your .Resource.DLL have to be strong named in order to be added to the Global Assembly Cache, otherwise they are added to the WebApplication Bin folder regardless of it was placed in the GAC folder.