Deploying files in the 80 path

Oct 19, 2007 at 3:42 PM
Hi,

I've been trying to build a wsp with only dll located on the 80 directory. I created a empty VS solution and added a 80 folder and beneath it, created a bin folder where I placed my dll. However, I'm not sure if I'm doing right because no wsp file is generated and no error message is displayed. Besides placing the dll on the correct folder, do I need any additional steps?

TIA
Oct 30, 2007 at 2:05 AM
I am having a similar issue. Only trying to build a wsp with dlls in the 80 path. The app seems to run without an error. A solutionid.txt file is created along with a .wsp file. However, the manifest.xml file is not created. I've stepped thru the source code and the creation of the manifest.xml file is executed without error but the file is never created.

Any help would be appreciated.
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2007 at 9:51 PM
Are you running the WSPBuilder from a non Windows Server 2003 with WSS 3.0 environment?
This may cause some problems. Anyway I will try to recreate the problem.

/keutmann

bvalente wrote:
Hi,

I've been trying to build a wsp with only dll located on the 80 directory. I created a empty VS solution and added a 80 folder and beneath it, created a bin folder where I placed my dll. However, I'm not sure if I'm doing right because no wsp file is generated and no error message is displayed. Besides placing the dll on the correct folder, do I need any additional steps?

TIA

Coordinator
Oct 30, 2007 at 9:54 PM
Edited Oct 30, 2007 at 9:55 PM
A new argument "-cleanup" has been added to wspbuilder, that cleans up some files, including the manifest.xml. However ther manifest.xml is still in the wsp file. You can disable the deletion of the manifest.xml by adding "-cleanup false" in the command line.

/keutmann

rboknows wrote:
I am having a similar issue. Only trying to build a wsp with dlls in the 80 path. The app seems to run without an error. A solutionid.txt file is created along with a .wsp file. However, the manifest.xml file is not created. I've stepped thru the source code and the creation of the manifest.xml file is executed without error but the file is never created.

Any help would be appreciated.