infopath form

Jan 22, 2010 at 10:25 AM
Edited Jan 22, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Hi, i have an infopath form desigined with the code behind, and the data connection is made using web services, can you please help me out how can i create an wsp with the help of the Wsp builder,

can i use this wspbuilder for deploying my infopath form onto the sharepoint, if so, can you please advice me how..?

ADVANCE Thanks for the help

Mar 10, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Yes, create a vs project with wsp builder empty template, create a hive folder strucutre 12/TEMPLATES/FEATURES/{your infopath forms folder}/.xsn, feature.xml, elements.xml,

Once you are done, create a solution file and you are good to go for deployment.

Mar 11, 2010 at 1:19 AM
Edited Mar 11, 2010 at 1:19 AM

While the packaging and deployment may work, I don't see how the form will work when you try and open it. InfoPath requires that the form be opened from the location to which it was published, which would not be the case here. If this is possible somehow, I would love to here how as I have yet to see a solution to this problem.

BTW, on a related note, unless all your field GUIDs are fixed InfoPath will have problems with property promotion when you deploy the form between environments. This is because it embeds the field GUIDs in the manifest.xsf which sucks (why that information is not stored in the UDCX files is beyond me). I basically got around this by simply not using promotion in the form and used an event handler instead. Not a big deal -- we were already doing this for Multi-Lookup fields because which InfoPath cannot promote to these (I tried promoting a field with that contained the appropriate string to store in a LookupMulti field to no avail).