Visual Studio 2010

Oct 29, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Has anyone gotten WSPBuilder working with Visual Studio 2010?

If so, please help out a poor soul and post the steps that it took to do this.

I've googled my brains out and all I could find was this post. I've extracted every scrap of useful information I can out of that post, but all it can offer is a few out-of-context snippets of information that don't tie into a coherent story.

Coordinator
Nov 4, 2009 at 6:03 AM

I currently working on a WSPBuilder for SharePoint 2010. Then I'll look at enabling WSPBuilder Extensions for Visual Studio 2010.

Nov 5, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Thank you for looking out for the poor souls that will be a whilestill developing on SP2007.

I am currently looking to upgrade to SP2010 but I relly too much on the WSP builder extensions during the development that I can't leave withouth it.

Please let us know if you need any help

Nov 17, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Based on advice from Bjørn Furuknap (@furuknap, http://furuknap.blogspot.com/2009/11/using-wspbuilder-for-sharepoint-2010.html) I was able to deploy to SP 2010 a rather complex WSPBuilder-based SharePoint solution that I first recompiled in VS 2010.

Steps were:

1. Download the commandline version, with the x64 cablib dll
  2. Upgrade your VS 2008/2005 solution to VS 2010
  3. Replace your 12 references with their 14 equivalents - most will be found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\ISAPI
  4. Compile your VS solution - this SHOULD work
  5. Use the wspbuilder command line tool to create, but not deploy your wsp (use wspbuilder -help for instructions)
  6. Use stsadm -o addsolution -filename <yourwsp> to deploy the solution