VB.NET Web Part Feature Template

Sep 18, 2009 at 3:22 AM

I am new to WSPBuilder.  I am having a problem with the VB.NET Templates.  When I build and deploy, the Web Part Feature is available to activate.  The feature seems to activate fine.  when I go to add the web part to the page I get an error saying the type can not be found ot the control is not marked as safe.  I played with it for a while but no luck, so I just built a new one nothing but the Hello Sharepoint Literal that is the default of the template.  This resulted in the same error.  I created the same base Web Part in C# and it works fine.  This tells me there is something different between the VB.NET and C# Templates.  I am hoping someone may no what that something could be.

Thanks in Advance

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:24 PM

There appears to be a bug in how vb.net templates are working with WSPBuilder. I was using this walkthrough:

http://greggalipeau.wordpress.com/2009/05/18/developing-sharepoint-webparts-using-user-controls-and-web-applications/#comment-780

and someone else noticed the same issue. The walkthrough works fine using c#, but apparently has problems with VB.net. "Michael R" was able to get "work around" it by removing the root namespace. Is this the correct fix? I'm using WSPBuilder v1.06. Thanks,

Quang