VB.NET Web Part Feature Template

Sep 18, 2009 at 2:22 AM

I am new to WSPBuilder.  I am having a problem with the VB.NET Templates.  When I build and deploy, the Web Part Feature is available to activate.  The feature seems to activate fine.  when I go to add the web part to the page I get an error saying the type can not be found ot the control is not marked as safe.  I played with it for a while but no luck, so I just built a new one nothing but the Hello Sharepoint Literal that is the default of the template.  This resulted in the same error.  I created the same base Web Part in C# and it works fine.  This tells me there is something different between the VB.NET and C# Templates.  I am hoping someone may no what that something could be.

Thanks in Advance

Mar 15, 2010 at 9:24 PM

There appears to be a bug in how vb.net templates are working with WSPBuilder. I was using this walkthrough:

and someone else noticed the same issue. The walkthrough works fine using c#, but apparently has problems with VB.net. "Michael R" was able to get "work around" it by removing the root namespace. Is this the correct fix? I'm using WSPBuilder v1.06. Thanks,