LoadControl and CAS policies

Jul 5, 2009 at 11:30 PM
Edited Jul 6, 2009 at 1:06 AM

I've been using LoadControl to load up .ascx files from the controltemplates folder. Everything works fine when deploying to the GAC, but I want to deploy to the BIN. I thought I could use the Custom CAS policies by specifying a custom CAS xml from the config. However, that only allows me to change the Permissions, not the PermissionSets.

The issue I have is that I want to set Unrestricted = true in the PermissionSet. As far as I can tell, that is the only way to allow CAS to utilize LoadControl. Here is a post talking about the subject: http://blogs.msdn.com/chandru/archive/2009/06/01/cas-in-sharepoint.aspx

So, I was wondering if there is anyway around this in WSPBuilder (i.e.: is there something I can set to allow BIN deployment while still utlizing LoadControl?). And, I want to stear clear of any manual setting of files after deployment.

If there isn't a way, can there be a way to set certain properties of the PermissionSet in the config file for the next version? For example: there is an IsUnRestricted property of the PermissionSet object. Could there be a WSPBuilder config setting so that we can have it utilize that property?

Or, better yet, I think it would be nice to have a way to build our own "full" custom CAS policies that could override the ones generated by WSPBuilder. There just seems to be some limitations on what we currently can do by only being able to set Permissions.

Thanks -- Greg

Feb 4, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Hi there, we're having the same problem loading .ascx controls from the controltemplates folder, whilst using CAS policies.

I'd like to be able to give WSP builder a <PermissionSet> node.

Have you found any way around this, as it's the same process for 2010 Visual WebParts, as they too use Page.LoadControl.

Thanks,

Nick