Error Relating to strongly named assemblies.

Jan 15, 2009 at 7:04 AM

I have built my solution with WSP builder. The WSP builder contains no code and therefore does not require any assemblies.

When I run the deploy.bat files I get the error “This solution contains one or more assemblies targeted for the global assembly cache. You should use a strong name for any assembly that will be in the global assembly cache”.

I think it might be caused by an event receiver in the solutions manifest file is there anyway of specifying the solutions manifest file for wsp builder?

Has anyone got any other ideas?

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2009 at 10:44 PM
WSPBuilder can build wsp packages without dll's. But you must be sure that you have deleted all DLL's in your project (GAC/80Bin/Debug/Release). If you are using Visual Studio, then it will always create a DLL even that it is empty this will be if you ever have pushed the build button. Further more if there are a DLL it must have strong name (SN key) or otherwise it will not work with SharePoint. If you are using an EventReceiver, then the DLL must deploy into GAC otherwise your event receiver will never get fired.