More than one project (workflows) in one WSP file?

Dec 29, 2008 at 2:21 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but I cannot get the Visual Studio add-in to create a WSP-file if the solution contains 2 or more SharePoint workflows.

I can run the WSPbuilder tool on the individual projects in the solution explorer but I cannot do it on the entire solution.

I really want to package my worfklows into one feature, so please help!
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2009 at 10:59 PM
It is possible to build a Visual Studio solution into one WSP package, but it can only be done from the console.
Open you console and navigate to the solution folder. (All your projects must be a subfolder to the solution folder)
Call wspbuilder with the parameter -BuildSolution True
Now WSPBuilder will build one WSP package by looking into every subfolder. (However only one level down).
Apr 6, 2011 at 8:42 AM

I know this is an old thread, but is there any way to specify .net projects desired to package to a single *.wsp.
We want to package two different .net projects into a single *.wsp file. The projects share the same VS solution but are separately located on disk.

Apr 6, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Please disregard my respond if this doesn't mean any help.

What you can do is try to create a new solution with single project, then put all the features in the same project from the other solution, or you can create a blank feature & copy all your *.wsp into your blank feature, this way WSPBuilder should be able to package your project as a single *.wsp solution.

Please take a look at this link, in this link it show you how to package an InfoPath solution, but you can follow the way to package your request.

http://sharepointdevwiki.com/display/public/Developing+a+InfoPath+Solution+using+a+Solution+Package

Hope this helps.

Apr 7, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Hey

Thanks for your reply. I am actually trying to avoid making a new Solution. I probably need to think of an alternative way to achieve what I want.
It is just a matter of packaging my wsp file. I might need to do it manually and not use WSP builder for it.