I created webpart using wspbuilder(x86, Win7, WSS3.0 - but same thing and in Win 2008 web developer and wss 3.0)
- I build solution in debug
- Created WSP
Cool, it works.
- Next I uninstalled via WSPBuilder-> Uninstall.
- And deleted this webpart xml from Webpart Gallery.
- made iisreset(think no need but I made)
- Rebuilded solution in release, recreated WSP and redeployed.
In Site Features this Feature is already activated(why?). Deactivated it, and activated second time. When I add this webpart in edit mode I get error
Unable to add selected web part(s).
***my feature **: Cannot import ***my feature ** Web Part.
And now the only thing I can is to recreate feature wuth new name. But I don't think it will be deployable only first time..
How to redeploy correctly?
It is strange, but I can't do nothing but rebuild project with another name.. I alreday tried to deactivate/retract/delete solution manually, and using STSADM with cmd like this:
SET stsadmDir=%commonprogramfiles%\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN
REM Unistall solution
"%stsadmDir%\stsadm.exe" -o deactivatefeature -name %feature% -url http://localhost
"%stsadmDir%\stsadm.exe" -o uninstallfeature -name %feature% -force
REM Undeploy solution on the local server
"%stsadmDir%\stsadm.exe" -o retractsolution -name %solution% -url http://localhost -immediate
"%stsadmDir%\stsadm.exe" -o execadmsvcjobs
"%stsadmDir%\stsadm.exe" -o deletesolution -name %solution%
But no result! It is like there remains some "garbage" that was not unistalled correctly. I can deploy feature only first time..(
We fight till the end! :-)
After 2 days of sex with sharepoint I resolved :) on stackoverflow one guy posted comment that become answer.
All with permission levels, web.config and etc is right. The reason was that I had some code in my webpart constructor. Constructor is called by WebPartImporter during addition to page. In my case I get SPContext in constructor and it seems to
be a problem. So like in post I moved code from my constructor to OnInit method of Page and webpart now could be succesfully added.
p.s.: sorry for bad english. :)