Question about dll generated by wspbuilder

Aug 13, 2008 at 10:09 PM
    Hi i realized that an empty dll is always generated by wspbuilder: nameofproject.dll. In my case i'm only developing features with content types and this dll is useless, is there a way to configure wspbuilder to not generate this dll?
Thanks!!
Coordinator
Aug 16, 2008 at 12:07 AM
Hi

The WSPBuilder can not create a DLL file in anyway, just look in the source code :o)

However it will create a WSP file everytime, even that there are no files to package.
You have to run the WSPBuilder from the root of you project in order to get it to pick up your features and other files.

/keutmann
Sep 30, 2008 at 10:41 AM
Hi,

Really enjoying the tool!!

I am the same issue though - I've installed WSPBuilder extensions and have used one of the templates to build my project - which all works fine - but it always creates a dll and includes it in the wsp file. Might be something to do with the template?

Cheers

Matt
Oct 14, 2008 at 10:28 PM
Yes, the WSPBuilder Extensions VS template is a kind of class library project, which by default creates a DLL. And the WSPBuilder Extensions attempts to package any DLLs it sees in your project output directory (i.e. anything in bin\Release). If you truly have no need for a DLL, you can add the following post-build action to your Visual Studio Project properties (which deletes the generated DLL):

cmd /c del $(TargetPath)