Cablib failure

May 19, 2008 at 7:23 PM
Hello,

From looking at the past issues/discussions it seems that this is issue has been resolved. But, I have not been able to get past the following error when running wspbuilder as shown below:

C:\Documents and Settings\MossSetup\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Fla
shWebPart>WSPBuilder.exe

WSPBuilder

Version: 0.9.8.0206
Created by Carsten Keutmann
GPL License 2007

Building the solution - please wait
Saving the Manifest.xml file
Creating the WSP file
Could not load file or assembly 'CabLib, Version=6.9.26.0, Culture=neutral, Publ
icKeyToken=85376ef9a48d191a' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to
load a program with an incorrect format.

I checked the following:
1. I used your build64 download. (on VM: windows server 2003, with MOSS, VS2005...)
2. I have 64bit processor.
3. I have the CabLib.dll file in the same directory as wspbuilder.exe
4. cabinet.dll exists in the windows\system32 directory.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much,
-Bill
Jun 9, 2008 at 6:56 PM
If you're running on a Virtual Server or Virtual PC VM, then your VM is definitely 32bit. Also please note that CabLib.dll is not the same as cabinet.dll. I'm running an old copy of WSPBuilder but for me, CabLib.dll must be in the same directory as WSPBuilder.

Either way, first try downloading and using the standard (32bit) version of WSPBuilder, and second, make sure that CabLib.dll (from the WSPBuilder package) resides in the same directory as WSPBuilder.
Jun 9, 2008 at 8:16 PM
I will try downloading the 32bit version, and check the directory as well.

Thanks very much,
-Bill
Coordinator
Jun 26, 2008 at 4:30 PM
The CABLIB.DLL is a C++ library and therefore you have to use the right version of it when you are using 32 or 64 bit windows server systems.
You should be able to find previous version of wspbuilder on codeplex where the cablib.dll can be found in 32 / 64 bit versions.
The cablib.dll have not changed since the start of the wspbuilder project and therefore it can be used for all versions of wspbuilder.
Jul 9, 2008 at 7:16 PM
I have the same problem. I'm running Windows Server 2008 64 bits.
Aug 11, 2010 at 1:02 PM

I'm facing the same issue. I'm using Windows Server 2008 x64 version.