Deployment target url

Apr 19, 2008 at 8:29 PM
Thank you for providing thise great too for making deployment easier. however I have a question which I have not been able to figure out from the documentation

When I rightclick and do a deployment with wsp from visual studio builder it do

stsadm -o deploysolution -name KPMGCarInputWebPart.wsp -immediate -url %TARGETWEBAPP% -allowGacDeployment -allowcaspolicies -force
%STSADM% -o execadmsvcjobs

But what I would like it to do is this Is that possible to configure? so I can deployment from within visual studio each time to the right web application

stsadm -o deploysolution -name KPMGCarInputWebPart.wsp -immediate -url someurl -allowGacDeployment -allowcaspolicies -force
%STSADM% -o execadmsvcjobs
Apr 19, 2008 at 9:15 PM
oh I forgot to say that I have tried to go to C:\Program Files\WSPTools\WSPBuilderExtensions and change the C:\Program Files\WSPTools\WSPBuilderExtensions\WSPBuilder.exe.config
and it had no effect on the target

<add key="DeploymentTarget" value="http://someurl" />
<add key="WSPName" value="testname.wsp" />

What am I doing wrong?
May 5, 2008 at 4:58 PM
Did you figure out how to do specific deployment targeting from within visual studio?
Jul 22, 2009 at 9:53 AM
Edited Jul 23, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Does anyone know if this have been resolved or is planning to be in a forthcoming release?  I 'd prefer not to deploy to all web applications within the development farm, and can't seem to find a way to do this using the Visual Studio add-in.

Any ideas?  VSeWSS uses the Debug action to specify the web application being deployed to.  This wouldn't really work for WSPBuilder as the debug options are hidden if the ASP.NET Web Application project type is added - useful for developing web parts using user controls. 

Alternatively the WSPBuilder.exe.config file would be okay, although it would be good to specify the target web application on a project-by-project basis.  Perhaps a config file that is part of the project files?