SafeControls entry

Feb 28, 2008 at 4:30 PM
I'm using the WSPBuilder Visual Studio extension and I am using it to build a web part feature. I have a post-build step in my project copying the assembly to the GAC.

I've read that WSPBuilder should create SafeControl elements in the web.config for all assemblies in the project.

However, looking the web.config, no SafeControl elements have been created for my assembly.

What am I doing wrong?
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2008 at 10:04 PM
When you build a WSP package with WSPBuilder, it creates the safecontrol tags for the assembly in the manifest.xml file (included in the WSP file). In order to add the safecontrols tags to the web.config, you have to install the wsp package, not manually copying the assembly to the GAC. You can deploy the wsp package directly from the Visual Studio interface by using the context menu on the project element.

/keutmann

larsxe wrote:
I'm using the WSPBuilder Visual Studio extension and I am using it to build a web part feature. I have a post-build step in my project copying the assembly to the GAC.

I've read that WSPBuilder should create SafeControl elements in the web.config for all assemblies in the project.

However, looking the web.config, no SafeControl elements have been created for my assembly.

What am I doing wrong?

Feb 29, 2008 at 3:31 PM
I am deploying from the Visual Studio context menu.

Is there any way to retrieve the .wsp file that WspBuilder produces, so I can inspect the manifest.xml in it?

Thanks,
/Lars
Developer
Mar 13, 2008 at 1:21 AM
The wsp file is created in the project folder (or in bin/deploy if you use the create deployment folder option)