onetnative.dll error

Jul 13, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I'm really puzzled.  I don't believe I changed anything other than maybe uninstalling CA Software (which I can't fathom why that would be related to SharePoint), but I receive the following error when I use wspbuilder:

Inner exception(1): Unable to load DLL 'onetnative.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

I read some articles referencing a Windows 2003 error, but I have Windows Server 2008, and I have not changed anything that I can recall besides the uninstall of CA Software.  I noticed in procmon, that OWSTIMER.EXE finds the DLL here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\BIN

But wspbuilder.exe does not look in that directory for the file.

Any suggestions?

Jul 15, 2010 at 3:16 PM

I solved this problem by manually copying 'onetnative.dll' from the C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\BIN\onetnative.dll to my "Solution" path.  I really don't understand why this became a problem all of a sudden.  I even reinstalled WSPBuilder.  During the FIRST DEPLOY, I saw in procmon that WSPBuilder found 'onetnative.dll' in 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\BIN\', but it did not find it later, and so the Deploy failed.  On subsequent runs, it never looked in 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\BIN\' again.