2010 BETA 1.4 Cannot call an abstract base member

Jul 4, 2010 at 3:59 AM
Edited Aug 2, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Cancelled due to lack of interest...

Jul 12, 2010 at 1:44 AM
Edited Aug 2, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Oct 11, 2010 at 10:29 PM
Edited Oct 12, 2010 at 1:02 PM

I'm getting this error message... Maybe I installed the extensions wrong?  I just ran through the MSI, started a project, added a visual web part template, tried to build and bam I get 3 of these puppies.  Visual Studio 2010.  I'm trying to write a webpart for MOSS2007 but I haven't even gotten to the point where I can punch in my SharePoint environment so I don't think it's that.  I've followed a couple of tutorials but maybe I missed something important.

Error 1 Cannot call an abstract base member: 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureReceiver.FeatureActivated(Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureReceiverProperties)' f:\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\WSPBuilderProject2\WSPBuilderProject2\SharePointRoot\Template\Features\VisualWebPartFeature1\VisualWebPartFeature1Receiver.cs 15 13 WSPBuilderProject2 Error 2 Cannot call an abstract base member: 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureReceiver.FeatureInstalled(Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureReceiverProperties)' f:\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\WSPBuilderProject2\WSPBuilderProject2\SharePointRoot\Template\Features\VisualWebPartFeature1\VisualWebPartFeature1Receiver.cs 70 13 WSPBuilderProject2 Error 3 Cannot call an abstract base member: 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureReceiver.FeatureUninstalling(Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureReceiverProperties)' f:\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\WSPBuilderProject2\WSPBuilderProject2\SharePointRoot\Template\Features\VisualWebPartFeature1\VisualWebPartFeature1Receiver.cs 75 13 WSPBuilderProject2

Oct 13, 2010 at 9:57 PM

I just changed base to this and it worked.. I feel like an idiot not knowing what the difference between the base and this keyword are.. the this keyword is to reference the current instance of the object you're inside right?  I guess base accesses the properties from the class you've derived from which the compiler says were abstract so couldn't be called.. because abstract classes are only meant to be inherited not instantiated. Either Kathy Cupp my C++ teacher would be happy or be pissed at me for my memory failure.

Jan 18, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Changing "base" to "this" causes in infinite recursion.  I had to comment out the lines that say, "base.FeatureActivated(properties);" to get it to compile.

Aug 17, 2011 at 4:50 AM

Hi 

Has anyone found solution for this yet? I'm having the same issue. So are we just comment it out for the solution?

Thanks