WSPBuilder 1.4 + Visual Studio 2010 + DLLs include where copylocal=false

May 27, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Hi,

When WSPBuilder builds the WSP in VS 2008 all references that were copylocal=false weren't included in the final .wsp.  However in VS 2010 these references are included in the .wsp.  The reason I think this is happening is b/c VS 2010 is putting files in the /Bin folder as well as in the /Bin/Debug.  In the VS Output Window you an see that WSP Builder Finds two references and includes the DLL.  Again it shouldn't b/c the copylocal=false in the project references.

Let me know if there is a fix or something else I can do to not get these dlls in the wsp package.  The reason I don't want to include these dlls is b/c they get deployed from another wsp package.

Thanks

Jul 29, 2010 at 9:14 AM
Edited Jul 29, 2010 at 9:15 AM

I am also facing the exact same problem as yours. For now, I am circumventing the problem by using a WSPBuilder.exe.config file.

1. Copy the file WSPBUilder.exe.config from the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\WSPTools\WSPBuilderExtensions" and paste it into the project folder.

2. Edit the file in the project folder and add the following key "<add key="ExcludePaths" value="bin"/>" under the appSettings node.

Hope this helps.

Jul 29, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Thanks

On Jul 29, 2010 5:14 AM, "ashwnacharya" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I am also facing the exact same problem as yours. For now, I am circumventing the problem by using a WSPBuilder.exe.config file.

1. Copy the file WSPBUilder.exe.config from the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\WSPTools\WSPBuilderExtensions"

2. Edit the file and add the following key "<add key="ExcludePaths" value="bin"/>" under the appSettings node.

Hope this helps.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wspbuilder@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wspbuilder@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com