Missing public key Token

Jan 24, 2008 at 2:17 PM
Edited Jan 24, 2008 at 2:43 PM
Hi,

Thanks for all the work on wspbuilder. Really a time saving tool.

My question is with a certain dll from sharepoint called ssocli.dll. This dll I guess is used for the single sign-on. My question is this. We used to put this dll in the bin forlder manually. Lately, we've trying to deploying our assemblies with wsp's hence the use of wspbuilder. Problem is that ssocli.dll for some reason does not have a publick key token. (It's a micrsooft assembly) So, wsp raises an error trying to generate de wsp because I guess it cannot generate the <SafeControl> tag. The exception I get is:

Error: The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. (Exception from
HRESULT: 0x80131018)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoadFile(String path, Evidence evidence)...

1. How can I fix this?
2. Is there a way for me to tell wspbuilder not generate a safecontrol tag for this assembly?

Thanks.
Coordinator
Jan 25, 2008 at 11:41 AM
This is a problem that I'll try to fix in the near furture, I know for sure that the WSPBuilder do not handle assemblies that do not have a strong name key.
If you want to fix it now, you can download the sourcecode and find the assembly handling, simple create a if statement on the filename "ssocli.dll" to avoid the SafeControls generation.

dabitbol wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for all the work on wspbuilder. Really a time saving tool.

My question is with a certain dll from sharepoint called ssocli.dll. This dll I guess is used for the single sign-on. My question is this. We used to put this dll in the bin forlder manually. Lately, we've trying to deploying our assemblies with wsp's hence the use of wspbuilder. Problem is that ssocli.dll for some reason does not have a publick key token. (It's a micrsooft assembly) So, wsp raises an error trying to generate de wsp because I guess it cannot generate the <SafeControl> tag. The exception I get is:

Error: The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. (Exception from
HRESULT: 0x80131018)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoadFile(String path, Evidence evidence)...

1. How can I fix this?
2. Is there a way for me to tell wspbuilder not generate a safecontrol tag for this assembly?

Thanks.

Oct 14, 2008 at 9:10 PM
Edited Oct 14, 2008 at 9:22 PM
I have the magic post-build action to add to your Visual Studio project to make ssocli.dll go away:

cmd /c del $(TargetDir)ssocli.dll
EDIT: I should clarify: you don't need to package or include ssocli.dll in any way, so the appropriate answer is to exclude it from your Solution altogether (which is why I'm deleting it from my bin\release folder).
Oct 21, 2009 at 9:58 PM

That's great but rather then delete it duirng post-build, can we not just delete it altogether?

I have a project which to date had been building the WSP with no problem. On the last build I noticed that the file size was a lot larger than it needed to be because this DLL had been added. I'm not referencing it and don't ever recall adding it manually. It can't be pulling it from the GAC because I'm developing locally on my XP box and the DLL does not exist in the GAC!

Only possible I can think is that another developer workign directly on one of the MOSS servers inadvertently had it added to the project and then blindly committed it to SVN.