Site Template

Sep 4, 2007 at 3:04 PM
Does WSPBuilder support deployment of site templates?
Coordinator
Sep 6, 2007 at 9:36 AM
Yes.
Oct 5, 2007 at 9:29 AM

Hi ,

i have one site template file ( .stp ) it contains 15 lists . i want to deploy site template ( .stp file ) using WSPBuilder

is it possible to deployment site template (.stp) file using WSPBuilder.

if it is possible then guide me how deploy .stp template file using WSPBulder.
Coordinator
Oct 5, 2007 at 12:15 PM
Edited Oct 5, 2007 at 12:16 PM
In order to deploy a "Site Template" (.stp file) from a WSP Solution, you have to create a SharePoint feature that provision the .stp file up to the Site Template gallery. Learn about Feature modules.
Oct 8, 2007 at 10:27 AM
Edited Oct 9, 2007 at 6:50 AM

keutmann wrote:
In order to deploy a "Site Template" (.stp file) from a WSP Solution, you have to create a SharePoint feature that provision the .stp file up to the Site Template gallery. Learn about Feature modules.

Thanks

Nov 2, 2007 at 7:00 AM
Hi,

I have a feature that uploads a STP file to a site template gallery when the feature is activated.

At the time of installation of this WSP, the user will give the site name and the description of the site. I have to create a site using this STP file with site name and description given by the user.

Is there any provision to pass this details to the feature (i.e the Site Name and description) so that I can create a site with the STP file in the feature after it is uploaded?

Apr 26, 2009 at 6:22 AM
Hi,
I have two custom template to upload in site template gallery. could you please guide me to write a feature to deploy the same.
Thanks in advance.