Suggestions

Aug 1, 2007 at 3:07 PM
Hi,

An "Excludefolders" option would be a plus.
When using subversion for source controls, it is currently difficult to exclude the files added by subversion (some of them not having any extension).
Currently, I have implemented this option myself but the app would benefit from some refactoring and using a generic method for getting directories so that excluded folders are always discarded.

---

Also, I have some erratic results when using "Includefilestypes" and "Excludefiletypes". Files are not always discarded or included. I must admit I didn't go further to find what could be the problem.

---

Regarding assembly deployment (eg web parts), I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if it's not possible to achieve this scenario.
Assemblies deployed to GAC may have an arbitrary number of files ressources packed along. Those files are not necessarily "resources" in the proper sense. It can be gif, xml, txt files as well. Those files should go in the "12/wpresource/<assemblyname>/<assemblyVersion_assemblyStrongName>" folder. This can be achieved by sepcifying <ClassResource> entries within the manifest and by packing the needed files in the cab file.
Is this something that can be achieved with the current version of Wspbuilder?

The approach is similar for assemblies in bin folder except for the resource folder location and the <assemblyVersion__assemblyStrongName> folder which is not created in that case.

---

I don't take as granted that you should include those features. Those are only suggestion.
I could also participate to some part of the development if you decided to put the code under source control.
Regards,
Coordinator
Aug 8, 2007 at 5:01 PM
Edited Aug 15, 2007 at 1:22 AM
The problem with resource files have been found and fixed in version 0.9.7.0815.
Feb 18, 2009 at 3:44 PM
I also have this problem with svn
Can you share your fix please?

Thanks