Installing to the GAC

Jul 12, 2007 at 4:05 PM
What a great tool wspbuilder is - it's saving me so much time! Does anyone know if (how) you can use it to install files to the GAC?
Coordinator
Jul 14, 2007 at 8:12 AM
Just create a folder named "GAC" in the root of your project and put your dll's in it.
Then build the wsp file and install it. The dll's should now be in the Global Assembly cache (GAC).
Please see the demo project.
Mar 11, 2008 at 1:01 AM

keutmann wrote:
Just create a folder named "GAC" in the root of your project and put your dll's in it.
Then build the wsp file and install it. The dll's should now be in the Global Assembly cache (GAC).

Sorry Keutmann, but where can i find the demo project?
Mar 11, 2008 at 1:03 AM

stevenng wrote:

keutmann wrote:

Sorry Keutmann, but where can i find the demo project?

Nevermind, i found it :) http://www.codeplex.com/wspbuilder/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=6423
Mar 11, 2008 at 7:28 AM
But there are no code behind (.aspx.cs) files, isn't it?
Mar 11, 2008 at 7:28 AM
Edited Mar 11, 2008 at 7:31 AM
Doesn't WSPBuilder support code behind files?
Coordinator
Mar 15, 2008 at 12:09 PM
The WSPBuilder automatically excludes the .cs files found in the 12 directory. However its possible to change this behavior by setting the argument -excludefiletypes to "none".
This way every type of file will be included into the WSP package.

susantha wrote:
Doesn't WSPBuilder support code behind files?

Apr 15, 2008 at 11:49 AM
hello can anyone tell me how to use spitemeventreciever through wsp .
Actually i created whole site through wsp ie. site definition, list definition , webparts etc.
now i want to perform some action when i add some item to a list .

thanks regard,
Mar 6, 2009 at 6:35 PM
Hi,

I am having trouble converting the WSPDemo project to Visual Studio 2008.  The conversion process gives me the following errror:

The project file 'C:\SharePointDeploy\WSPDemo\WSPDemo\WSPDemo.csproj' cannot be opened. The project type is not supported by this installation.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2009 at 2:14 PM
I'll look at the VS2008 demo project problem. However use the standard project template found under the wspbuilder folder when creating a new project. Then create a new item and select the webpart with feature under the wspbuilder folder. This will be nearly the same as the demo project.
Mar 9, 2009 at 2:32 PM
Thanks for the reply.  I will give this a try.