Layouts subfolders

Jun 11, 2007 at 1:07 PM
Hi,
I must be missing something but how can I get my own subfolders in the layout directory to be taken into account?
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2007 at 10:19 PM

FredericLatour wrote:
Hi,
I must be missing something but how can I get my own subfolders in the layout directory to be taken into account?

It should be bretty easy, you just create a subfolder in the layout directory and put some files in it. The folder have to contain one or more files otherwise the folder will not be taken into account. You can always check the manifest.xml to see if the files are included in the solution by looking at the <TemplateFiles> tag.
Jun 12, 2007 at 8:21 AM

keutmann wrote:

FredericLatour wrote:
Hi,

It should be bretty easy, you just create a subfolder in the layout directory and put some files in it. The folder have to contain one or more files otherwise the folder will not be taken into account. You can always check the manifest.xml to see if the files are included in the solution by looking at the <TemplateFiles> tag.

This exactly what I'm doing but with no luck.
If I put files in the root of the LAYOUTS folder everything works as expected.
Our approach is to have the following folder hierarchy within the LAYOUTS folder :
LAYOUTS

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2007 at 9:36 AM

FredericLatour wrote:

keutmann wrote:

FredericLatour wrote:
Hi,

Our approach is to have the following folder hierarchy within the LAYOUTS folder :
LAYOUTS

Jun 12, 2007 at 3:57 PM

keutmann wrote:

FredericLatour wrote:

keutmann wrote:

FredericLatour wrote:
Hi,

LAYOUTS

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2007 at 6:49 PM
Edited Jun 12, 2007 at 6:52 PM

FredericLatour wrote:

keutmann wrote:

FredericLatour wrote:

keutmann wrote:

FredericLatour wrote:
Hi,

LAYOUTS

Jun 15, 2007 at 5:48 PM

You were right about the LAYOUTS folder, I have found and fixed the bug that caused the problem, so now things seems to be correct. I have uploaded a new version with the LAYOUTS folder fix.
About your problem with the CAB generator, I have not found any problem there. The WSPBuilder works fine on my XP and my virtual machine.
Perhaps you are missing Microsoft's Cabinet.dll which is located in your System(32) directory. Try to download and install the CAB SDK from Microsoft. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/310618

It seems to work now.
The problem with cab generation only occurs with your "wspdemo" sample.
I'll try to use your tool for a future project.
Thanks for sharing it.
Regards,